How we mitigate against pathogen related food-safety concerns
Our food safety protocols are informed by the US FDA’s Guide to Minimize Microbial Food Safety Hazards for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables and include:
- Use clean, good quality water that has been treated to remove pathogens
- Wash / sanitize hands prior to handling of plants and equipment
- Keep the growing area as clean as possible. Remove any plants that are sick or rotting, and immediately take out pruning remnants, old leaves and other organic matter
- At harvest time, wash hands, knives and other tools before use.
- Pets are never allowed into the greenhouse
- Never use composted materials, manure etc.